Confidentiality Policy – GDPR Compliant
I am particularly aware of confidentiality because of my commitment to human rights, privacy and equal opportunities and am committed to ensuring that all my clients are aware of my practice policies and regulations.
I have sought advice and have gained the necessary guidance in relation to the regulations that govern the operation of my services and I operate my policy of confidentiality in line with the ‘GDPR’, ‘Data Protection Act 1998′ and the ‘Human Rights Act 1998′.
I operate a confidentiality agreement that is designed to be negotiated on an individual basis with each of my organisational and individual coaching clients.
All information collected and stored by me in relation to my clients will be done so under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR) and Data Protection Act (DPA) regulations. All information is electronically stored, and password protected.
All individual information stored and collected by Danny West will be done so in the context of the GDPR and includes the following rights for individuals:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
All information collected and or stored will adhere to the principals of the GDPR as follows.
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to the implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals;
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
I will provide full access to all information stored by me to my clients when requested under the terms of the GDPR and I will only retain information related to my clients for the duration of my contractual arrangements.
Equal Opportunities Policy
I am fully committed to and passionate about equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion I am fully committed to addressing equal opportunities and diversity within my practice and the provision of all of my services, I am committed to ensuring that my services are fully accessible and remain informed by my own experiences and those of my clients.
I aim to positively challenge discrimination and prejudice which I recognise to be a consequence of fear, misinformation, and prejudice.